In terms of homework, Grade 8s should be doing approximately 45-50 minutes per day. There will be weekly spelling homework assigned every Monday and designed to be completed bit by bit at home, and a test every second Friday.
Students may be responsible for completing work that was left uncompleted in class, as well.
The homework for Wednesday, March 6 is:
- Complete your Digital Footprint journal from Monday if it's not already finished, for tomorrow
- Spectrum Reviews #4-8; p. 65-66, 75-76, 93-94, 107-108 and 119-120 due Thursday
- Make a tally for how many commercials/advertisements you see today/tonight
- PBL will continue after March Break
- Begin reading the new novel study over the course of March Break, we will be working on it in class post-break. I will set parameters for how much you can read!
Grade 8 students will be expected to spend time each night reading a novel for their Independent Novel Study over the next few weeks in order to complete the work on time. They are also encouraged to continue reading through the rest of the year & expected to be reading a book at or above level each night for 25-30 minutes (or more, if your child wishes!). If you have any questions about which sort of book is appropriate for your child, please contact Miss Percy.
For remaining subjects please see Rotary @ GAA for teacher's pages.